Sherwood Forest Park Revitalization June 25 Meeting
Sherwood Forest Park near Appleby Line is about to have a facelift and you're invited to a Public Engagement Meeting at the Appleby Ice Centre, 1201 Appleby Line, 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. on June 25 to learn about the proposed design changes.
Manager Parks & Open Space for the City of Burlington Rob Peachey will discuss the details of the project along with Yulia Pak and Ian Gray from MMM Group.
The City of Burlington's revitalization strategy for Sherwood Forest Park provides a framework for future renewals of the park and building. It is based on the approved 2009 Parks, Recreation and Cultural Assets Master Plan, feedback from the public and Community Stakeholders. This revitalization strategy for Sherwood Forest Park will result in a phased implementation plan over the next 15 years.
The guiding principles for this project include:
1. Similar Use- Sherwood Forest Park, as a City Park, will continue to have a primary focus on sport
2. Community Partnership - Neighbourhood and stakeholder input is an important consideration. Partnership opportunities will be explored.
3. Supporting Amenities - park usage will drive requirements for building and parking.
4. Asset Management - Current standards will be incorporated into ongoing asset management. Any enhancements will be considered through a business case.
5. Environmental Stewardship - The natural area and trail will be preserved.
For more information about the project and the meeting contact:
Marion Rabeau, OALA
Capital Works Department
City of Burlington
#: 905 335-7600 x7716
426 Brant Street, Burlington L7R 3Z6