It's Christmas morning and we would like to wish everyone all the best.
Even though the yard isn't sparkly and white, there are beautiful presents stacked around a gleaming Christmas tree. A soft rendition of “White Christmas” plays as your family slowly rolls out of bed in their pajamas, each one heading towards the kitchen like moths to a flame. The air smells sweet, a mouth-watering combination of chocolate, honey, raspberry and the comforting scent of freshly baked waffles.
The fantasy isn't all that far away – a smart, intuitive waffle maker can turn any ordinary breakfast into a special occasion. A favourite from Breville, creators of intuitive waffle makers, these White Chocolate and Raspberry waffles are a guaranteed hit this Christmas:
150g white cooking chocolate, chopped
½ cup caster sugar
1½ cups milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2¼ cups self–raising flour
1/3 cup white chocolate bits
200g frozen raspberries
Fresh raspberries, whipped cream and honey to serve
1. Combine chocolate, sugar and butter in a microwave safe bowl and select 100% power for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat until chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth. Stand to cool.
2. Whisk eggs, milk and vanilla extract together and mix through chocolate mixture. Place flour into a large mixing bowl and fold through egg mixture until mostly smooth; add white chocolate bits and raspberries and mix well.
3. Select CHOCOLATE setting and dial up 5 on the browning control dial.
4. Preheat until orange light flashes up and the word HEATING disappears.
5. Using waffle dosing cup, pour ½ cup of batter into each waffle square. Close lid and cook until timer has finished and ready beep has sounded 3 times. Repeat with remaining batter.
6. Serve waffle, topped with fresh raspberries, a dollop of cream and a good drizzle of honey.
Breville waffle makers are equipped with an LCD interface and crispiness/darkness control so you can cook your waffles to perfection. Plus, a special indicator allows you to track your waffle's cooking progress.
So whether you're creating red velvet treats garnished with chocolate chips or poached rhubarb waffles finished with vanilla custard, holiday mornings with your family will never be a boring (or hurried) affair again. Spread the waffle love!
Additional gifting information is available at breville.ca.